Brazil High-Level Disinfectants & Terminal Sterilization Services Industry Overview
The Brazil high-level disinfectants and terminal sterilization services market size is expected to reach USD 3.36 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2021 to 2028. The current advent of novel COVID-19 pandemic has led to the growing demand for high-level disinfectants & terminal sterilization services in the Brazilian market. As more and more individuals are getting infected, it is likely to create the demand for critical care equipment, which is leading to significant demand for high-level disinfectants & terminal sterilization equipment. This is anticipated to provide plenty of opportunities for market players in the country.
Brazil High-Level Disinfectants & Terminal Sterilization Services Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the Brazil high-level disinfectants and terminal sterilization services market on the basis of compound, type, and end-use:
Based on the Compound Insights, the market is segmented into Aldehydes, Hydrogen Peroxide, Chlorine Compounds, Others.
- The aldehydes segment dominated the market with a share of 29.61% in 2020. This can be attributed to the high prevalence of healthcare-associated infections in Brazilian hospitals (particularly in ICUs). Aldehyde disinfectants are generally employed during endoscopic processes and reprocessing of surgical units.
- Aldehydes are among the most commonly used compounds for disinfecting surgical equipment. Thus, the rising number of surgical procedures in Brazil and HAIs caused due to the improper reprocessing of surgical units are expected to drive the demand for these products.
- The chlorine compounds segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 9.20% from 2021 to 2028. The rise in the incidence of water-borne and food-borne diseases due to the lack of proper hygiene in Brazil is one of the major reasons driving the segment.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Clinics, Others.
- In 2020, the hospitals segment dominated the market with a share of 54.00% and is expected to expand at the highest CAGR from 2021 to 2028. An increase in the incidence of hospital-acquired infections, a rise in the number of surgical procedures, and a continuously growing patient pool in Brazil are the key factors driving the segment.
- Moreover, an increase in the volume of surgical procedures in clinics is a major factor contributing to the clinics segment growth. Maintaining proper hygiene and sanitation is necessary to maintain a healthy environment in the clinic.
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Ethylene Oxide, Irradiation, Moist Heat Sterilization, Others.
- In 2020, the ethylene oxide (EtO) segment dominated the market with a share of 34.96%. EtO has been widely utilized as a low-temperature sterilization technique since the early 20th century and has been found to be compatible with most medical devices and materials.
- This sterilization technique is used as an alternative to steam/dry heat for sterilizing moisture-intolerant or heat-sensitive surgical equipment and supplies in healthcare facilities.
- The moist heat sterilization segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 9.30% from 2021 to 2028. Over the past decade, these techniques have been increasingly accepted owing to their applications in the dairy and pharmaceutical industry and R&D organizations.
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
New product launches and strategic alliances are the key undertakings of the participants in this vertical. For instance, in March 2019, Getinge launched the latest 9100E Cart Washer. It is designed to reduce clinical, operational, and financial risks faced by hospitals with its fast cycle time of only 10 minutes.
Some prominent players in the Brazil high-level disinfectants & terminal sterilization services market include
- ASP (Fortive Corporation)
- Morhena Group
- Steris Plc
- BSS (Hospitalar)
- Sterigenics U.S., LLC (Sotera Health Company)
- Getinge AB
- Cantel Medical
- Matachana Group
- Baumer S. A.
- CISA Production S.R. L.
- Olympus Corporation
- Steelco S.p.A.
- Souza & Filhos
- Fonseca Servicos De Outsourcing
- Brazil Cleaning Services
- Mudanjiang Plasma Physical Application Technology Co., Ltd. (CASP)
- Laoken Technology Co. Ltd.
- GFE do Brasil
- Choyang Medical Industry Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the Brazil High-Level Disinfectants & Terminal Sterilization Services Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]