Dermatology Excimer Laser Industry Overview
The global dermatology excimer laser market size is expected to reach USD 955.5 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 10.0% over the forecast period. Dermatology excimer lasers are a novel form of targeted phototherapy that delivers a specific wavelength (308 nm) of monochromatic UVB radiation using an excimer laser or an excimer lamp. According to NCBI, excimer lasers have been proven effective in treating skin conditions like psoriasis, vitiligo, atopic dermatitis, alopecia area ta, allergic rhinitis, folliculitis, etc.
Dermatology Excimer Laser Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global dermatology excimer laser market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Table-top, Hand-held, Trolley-mounted.
- The trolley-mounted excimer lasers segment held the largest revenue share of 43.3% in 2020. Based on type, the market has been segmented into tabletop excimer lasers, hand-held excimer lasers, and trolley mounted excimer lasers. The segment is expected to maintain the leading position during the forecast period.
- This is because trolley-mounted lasers are portable, can be transported easily, and can be placed in any corner of a dermatology clinic. The advent of various products, investments by market players, and high demand for noninvasive skin treatment procedures due to their safe and cost-effective nature are some of the factors driving the segment growth.
- Strata Skin Sciences has reported that more than 2000 Xtrac devices have been installed worldwide and many medical academic institutes have also reported using the Xtrac laser system.
- The hand-held device segment is also expected to hold a significant market share during the forecast period as these devices provide the benefits of a lighter weight system that offers flexibility and lower investment, operation, & maintenance costs.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Atopic Dermatitis, Allergic Rhinitis, Alopecia Areata, Others.
- The psoriasis application segment held the highest market share of 22.1% in 2020 and is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the fact that the prevalence of psoriasis is on the rise. The U.S. alone has around 8 million people suffering from this skin condition.
- The WHO has also stated that psoriasis is a serious global problem with more than 100 million individuals affected worldwide. Moreover, excimer lasers are proven effective for the treatment of this condition with a success rate of 72%, which has led to segment growth.
- The Atopic Dermatitis (AD) segment also held a significant market share in 2020. Atopic dermatitis, a common chronic or recurrent inflammatory skin disease, affects 15-20% of children and 1-2% of adults globally. In the U.S., around 7.3% of adults have AD and 40% of them have moderate to severe symptoms.
Dermatology Excimer Laser Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
A prominent number of market players are rapidly opting for geographical expansion, strategic collaborations, and partnerships through mergers and acquisitions in emerging and economically favorable regions.
Some prominent players in the global dermatology excimer laser market include
- Ra Medical Systems
- Shenzhen GSD Tech Co., Ltd.
- Alma Lasers (Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd.)
- Strata Skin Sciences, Inc.
- The Daavlin Company
Order a free sample PDF of the Dermatology Excimer Laser Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519