Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Industry Overview
The global ultraviolet disinfection equipment market size was valued at USD 7.13 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% over the forecast period.
Increasing demand for ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment in healthcare facilities is expected to have a positive impact on the market growth. The rising prevalence of COVID-19 cases coupled with the increasing R&D spending is expected to boost the demand for UV disinfection equipment over the forecast period. Furthermore, factors, such as disruptions across several end-use industries caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and increased concerns about germs, are expected to have a positive impact on the market growth.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market
UV air purification is a proven technology, and in many cases, the WHO and CDC have promoted the use of purification in laboratories, hospitals, operating rooms, and universities. In addition, UV air purifiers are recommended to improve air quality in both the residential and commercial sectors to remove particulate matter and dust, which is speculated to curb the spread of coronavirus. The novel coronavirus pandemic has put a few healthcare systems under immense pressure and stretched others beyond their capacities.
Now with the increasing cases of the disease, a lot of hospitals have started incorporating UV systems to disinfect the high-risk indoor setting, which, in turn, is expected to increase the product demand over the coming years. UV disinfection systems have minimum environmental impact compared to sodium hypochlorite and chlorine gas as UV is mostly affected by the electrical grid composition. This makes it a versatile technology.
As more and more electricity sources are becoming green, UV is expected to reduce its environmental footprint. Public health departments have recognized UV disinfection systems as an effective method of treating drinking water, reclaimed water, and wastewater. This has encouraged countries across the globe in incorporating these systems as they are safe and do not require any harmful chemicals to protect water resources and achieve sustainability goals.
Browse through Grand View Research's Advanced Interior Materials Industry Research Reports.
- Air Purifier Market - The global air purifier market size was valued at USD 12.26 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% from 2022 to 2030. The market is expected to be driven by the rising airborne diseases and increasing pollution levels in urban areas. Moreover, growing health consciousness, coupled with the improving standard of living and rising disposable income, is expected to boost the market growth.
- UV Tapes Market - The global UV (Ultraviolet) tapes market size was valued at USD 274.9 million in 2015. UV tapes are a part of pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) tapes and are characterized by strong adhesion properties. These are used in the electronics industry for wafer dicing, back grinding, PCB grinding, and glass dicing applications. Growing electronics and semiconductor industries are expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global ultraviolet disinfection equipment market report on the basis of component type, application, end-use, and region:
- UV Disinfection Equipment Component Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- UV Lamps
- Ballasts/Controller Units
- Quartz Sleeves
- Reactor Chambers
- UV Lamps
- UV Disinfection Equipment Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Air treatment
- Health facilities
- Residential and Commercial Buildings
- Bio-Terror agents
- UV Disinfection Equipment End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- UV Disinfection Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- November 2020: The European Commission announced the purchase of 200 disinfection robots that will be delivered to hospitals across Europe.
- March 2018: Kuraray Co., Ltd. acquired Calgon Carbon Corp., which aided Kuraray to gain a global presence in filtration media and activated carbon market.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global ultraviolet disinfection equipment market include:
- Trojan Technologies
- Halma PLC
- Calgon Carbon Corp.
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Corp.
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Advanced UV, Inc.
- American Ultraviolet
- Atlantium Technologies Ltd.
- Dr. Hönle AG
- Lumalier Corp.
- S.I.T.A. Srl
- Hitech Ultraviolet Pvt. Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]