Stoma Care Industry Overview
The global stoma care market size is expected to reach USD 785.6 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing cases of colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), increasing adoption of advanced technologies, and rising awareness regarding stoma care products are the key driving factors for the market.
Stoma Care Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global stoma care market on the basis of product, application, end-use, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Closed Bags, Open/ drainable Bags, One-piece Bags, Two-piece Bags, Others.
- In 2020, the others segment dominated the market and held the largest revenue share of 34.7%. The segment is expected to witness considerable growth rate over the forecast period.
- The others segment includes stoma shields, stoma caps/plugs, convex wafers/bags, barrier rings, and paste. They are required for stoma care and prevent leakage, odor, and rashes on the skin. An increase in the number of stoma operations and the number of ostomies are the major factors driving the segment.
- The open/drainable bags segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. These bags serve as a means for the collection of waste from the body. More accessibility and low cost are the two main drivers of this segment.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Colostomy, Ileostomy, Urostomy.
- The colostomy segment dominated the market and held the largest revenue share of 45.9% in 2020. The elderly population and the high frequency of colon cancer are the major factors driving the segment.
- The ileostomy segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate of 7.2% over the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBDs) such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Home Care Settings, Hospitals, Others.
- In 2020, the home care settings category dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 45.4%. The rise in demand for home healthcare is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
- Moreover, patient-centric care offered by home healthcare is also expected to drive the market over the forecast period. Common home healthcare services for stoma care include maintaining healthy stoma and changing and emptying stoma bags.
- The home care settings segment is predicted to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period. The declining rate of stoma care treatment owing to the COVID-19 pandemic has made hospitals less desirable for stoma care treatment.
- Hospital admissions are also less desirable due to long wait times and hefty costs. Colostomy surgery for those without health insurance can cost anywhere from USD 20,000 to USD 60,000, depending on the hospital, location, and case.
Stoma Care Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The Key players are involved in adopting strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and launching new products to strengthen their foothold in the market.
Some prominent players in the global stoma care market include
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Hollister Incorporated
- ConvaTec Inc.
- Salts Healthcare
- Welland Medical Limited
Order a free sample PDF of the Stoma Care Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]