GENERATIVE AI MARKETING AUTOMATION
With the advent of ChatGPT and other generative artificial intelligence (AI) tools, marketing automation has entered a new era. With little to no human input, these AI systems can create marketing content, evaluate client data, optimize campaigns, and more. Marketing is expected to change as a result of generative AI's increased productivity, customization, and creativity.
Nearly 70% of marketers have started experimenting with generative AI in their marketing automation stacks, according to industry research. Thus far, some of the earliest and most notable effects have been seen in email marketing and content creation.
Generative AI, for instance, can now compose whole email newsletters based on the interests of each subscriber. Based on previous engagement data, AI assistants can even recommend personalized calls-to-action, timing, and subject lines for each individual customer. There has never been a time when this degree of mass customization was feasible. AI-generated emails are reported to have up to 50% open and click-through rates.
Generative AI offers a marketplace of customizable apps that can perform creative tasks in addition to basic automation features. Instead of hiring copywriters or designers, marketers can create blog posts, social media images, and product descriptions. These apps allow for faster content production to meet demand, even though they still need some human guidance.
Concerns about ethics and the effects on jobs naturally surface with these developments. Some contend that societal biases derived from faulty training data could be perpetuated or disseminated by generative AI. Some worry that marketers may eventually be replaced by technology. However, early signs point to AI supporting marketing teams instead, freeing them up to concentrate more on strategy and creativity.
Marketing automation is definitely entering uncharted territory thanks to generative AI. However, forward-thinking marketers have a chance to usher in a new era of quick, customized customer engagement by fusing human creativity with machine intelligence. Businesses that develop the moral frameworks and know-how to steer this technology have the opportunity to engage with customers in ways that are truly revolutionary.
Application of generative AI to marketing automation
- Use natural language generation models like GPT-3 to automatically create initial drafts of blog posts, social media captions, emails, landing pages etc. based on prompts. This provides a starting point for marketers to then edit.
- Use DALL-E 2 to generate multiple ad headline or image variations. Then, use A/B testing integrated with the marketing automation platform to test the highest performing options.
- Create personalized video introductions at scale for sales emails using generative video AI like Synthesia.
- Use reinforcement learning algorithms to optimize send times, content sequencing, audience segmentation etc. to improve campaign performance metrics like open/click rates.
- Continuously A/B test subject lines, from names and other email parameters through generative AI to maximize open rates.
- Utilize few-shot learning to forecast ideal customer journeys from a small amount of training data from the past.
- Use generative AI to create tailored content for high-value leads in order to increase conversion rates.
- Using activity data and raw text conversations, natural language processing can identify sales-ready leads.