Abiraterone is an anticancer medication that is used to treat prostate cancer. Abiracine is the brand name of abiraterone acetate. It is an anti-androgen that acts by inhibiting the working of the enzyme CYP 17. This enzyme is required by the prostate cancer cells to produce androgens. Without the influence of androgens, cancer cells are not able to undergo uncontrollable growth. As a result, cancerous cells cannot undergo cell proliferation. Additionally, they cannot spread throughout the entire body. Abiraterone tablets 250 mg are taken orally on an empty stomach. It can prolong the life of patients as it has a high success rate. Regular treatment with the medication can also reduce the tumour size. The dose and time period of the treatment with abiraterone is decided by the doctor which depends on the age of the patient and the stage of the cancer.
Although the Abiraterone tablet price is high, it can be purchased from Magicine Pharma with ease.
Side effects caused by this medicine are –
- Extreme fatigue and dizziness
- Joint and bone pain
- Unusual bruises
- Increased bleeding
- Weak muscles
- Irregular heart rate
- Decreased blood sugar and also cholesterol levels
- Painful and frequent urination
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Blood in urine
- Rashes and redness of the skin
- Swelling of tongue, feet, and also hands
- Cough, chills, and also fever
- Diarrhoea, constipation, and also chills
Some precautions to remember are –
- Abiraterone can decrease fertility in men.
- Inform the doctor about low potassium levels, irregular heartbeat, and also about other serious heart complications.
- Abiraterone tablet price can interact with other medications like the ones for seizures, rifampin, dextromethorphan, etc.
- Some of the components of abiraterone acetate can cause an allergic reaction in some patients. Therefore, it is necessary to gather complete information about the composition of the drug before starting the use.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- When to take Abiraterone?
It is advisable to take abiraterone one or two times a day depending on the prescription given.
- Can I drive while undergoing Abiraterone treatment?
Abiraterone can cause vision problems hence, it is advisable to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery during the treatment.
- Can women use Abiraterone?
No, abiraterone is a medication made for men only.
Source URL: Click Here