Fixed Line Procurement Intelligence
The fixed line services category is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.20% from 2023 to 2030.
In 2022, the category size was estimated to be valued at USD999.75 billion. The consistent and stable connectivity service offered by the category makes it ideal for critical applications like business communications, remote work, and online learning. Higher bandwidth and faster internet speeds compared to wireless options further fuel the category demand which supports data-intensive applications, smart homes and IoT. The infrastructure such as fiber-optic networks offers scalability & security and the potential to meet future technological advancements and bandwidth requirements, making it a preferable option for businesses. Growing consumption of high-definition streaming content and online entertainment also supports the category rise. In August 2023, Reliance Jio surpassed BSNL to take the top spot among India's fixed-line service providers. According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) subscriber report for August 2023, Jio has 73.52 lakh wireline subscribers, compared to 71.32 lakh for BSNL.
Order your copy of the Fixed Line category procurement intelligence report 2023-2030, published by Grand View Research, to get more details regarding day one, quick wins, portfolio analysis, key negotiation strategies of key suppliers, and low-cost/best-cost sourcing analysis
Fixed Line Procurement Intelligence Report Scope
The Fixed Line category is expected to have pricing growth outlook of 2% - 3% from 2023 to 2030, with below pricing models.
- Value-based pricing model
- Fixed pricing model
- Competition pricing model
- Subscription pricing model
Supplier Selection Scope of Report
- Cost and pricing
- Vendor evaluation
- Integration capabilities
Supplier selection criteria of Report
- Service support
- deployment medium
- technical specifications
- operational capabilities
- regulatory standards and mandates
- category innovations
Fixed Line Procurement Intelligence Report Coverage
Grand View Research will cover the following aspects in the report:
- Market Intelligence along with emerging technology and regulatory landscape
- Market estimates and forecasts from 2022 to 2030
- Growth opportunities, trends, and driver analysis
- Supply chain analysis, supplier analysis with supplier ranking and positioning matrix, supplier’s recent developments
- Porter’s 5 forces
- Pricing and cost analysis, price trends, commodity price forecasting, cost structures, pricing model analysis, supply and demand analysis
- Engagement and operating models, KPI, and SLA elements
- LCC/BCC analysis and negotiation strategies
- Peer benchmarking and product analysis
- Market report in PDF, Excel, and PPT and online dashboard versions
Fixed Line Procurement Cost and Supplier Intelligence
Building new telecommunications infrastructure and services is quite expensive. Existing network upgrades can be as costly. Both demand significant capital outlays. The key cost factors for wired telecommunication systems include infrastructure setup, equipment, continuous maintenance, labor, cable installation, switching equipment installation and regulatory compliance. The average cost of installing fiber optic for high-speed internet connectivity to homes and businesses-either underground or through aerial fiber-is around USD1,000 to USD1,250 per residential residence passed, or USD60,000 to USD80,000 per mile. An increase in bandwidth also raises the cost of a network connection. A throughput capacity of 1 gigabit per second (Gbps) will cost more than one with a capacity of 250 Mbps in a Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) link. The supplementary expenses factors are the permissions, licenses, and authorizations from municipal and other governmental bodies that must be secured before construction.
Sourcing of the category requires identification and partnering with vendors and suppliers who can provide the required equipment, components, and services at competitive prices. Fixed broadband and telephone services fall under this category. The American company Verizon surpassed competitors AT&T and Deutsche Telekom globally in 2022, with a worth of USD67.44 billion. Singapore with an average of 242 Mbps, had the fastest fixed broadband internet speed. The United Arab Emirates came in second with an average fixed broadband internet speed of about 217 Mbps, followed by Chile. Security and compliance, customer support, coverage, reliability, and uptime are other informed sourcing practices for the category.
List of Key Suppliers
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Comcast Corporation
- AT&T Inc.
- BT Group Plc
- Vodafone Group
- China Mobile
- Reliance JIO
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
- Orange S. A
Add-on Services provided by Grand View Research Pipeline:
- Should Cost Analysis
Component wise cost break down for better negotiation for the client, highlights the key cost drivers in the market with future price fluctuation for different materials (e.g.: steel, aluminum, etc.) used in the production process
- Rate Benchmarking
Offering cost transparency for different products / services procured by the client. A typical report involves 2-3 case scenarios helping clients to select the best suited engagement with the supplier
- Salary Benchmarking
Determining and forecasting salaries for specific skill set labor to make decision on outsourcing vs in-house.
- Supplier Newsletter
A typical newsletter study by capturing latest information for specific suppliers related to: M&As, technological innovations, expansion, litigations, bankruptcy etc.
Browse through Grand View Research’s collection of procurement intelligence studies:
Enzymes Procurement Intelligence Report, 2023 - 2030 (Revenue Forecast, Supplier Ranking & Matrix, Emerging Technologies, Pricing Models, Cost Structure, Engagement & Operating Model, Competitive Landscape)
Cold Chain Logistics Procurement Intelligence Report, 2023 - 2030 (Revenue Forecast, Supplier Ranking & Matrix, Emerging Technologies, Pricing Models, Cost Structure, Engagement & Operating Model, Competitive Landscape)
Brief about Pipeline by Grand View Research:
A smart and effective supply chain is essential for growth in any organization. Pipeline division at Grand View Research provides detailed insights on every aspect of supply chain, which helps in efficient procurement decisions.
Our services include (not limited to):
- Market Intelligence involving – market size and forecast, growth factors, and driving trends
- Price and Cost Intelligence – pricing models adopted for the category, total cost of ownerships
- Supplier Intelligence – rich insight on supplier landscape, and identifies suppliers who are dominating, emerging, lounging, and specializing
- Sourcing / Procurement Intelligence – best practices followed in the industry, identifying standard KPIs and SLAs, peer analysis, negotiation strategies to be utilized with the suppliers, and best suited countries for sourcing to minimize supply chain disruptions